Last updated November 23, 2022
This privacy notice for America’s Kids Belong (“Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our“), describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share (“process“) your information when you use our services (“Services“), such as when you:
- Visit our website at americaskidsbelong.org, or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
This privacy notice applies to any information we process when you use our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to non-Company websites, services, and applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services.
1. What Information Do We Process?
Personal information provided by you
We process personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our services, when you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us.
While the personal information that we process depends on the context of your interactions with us and the services that you use, we only process the following types of personal information:
- phone numbers
- email addresses
- mailing addresses
- contact preferences
- organization affiliations
- payment data*
*Payment Data. We may process data necessary to process your payment or donation if you make purchases or donate, such as your method of payment. We do not store your payment data. All payment data is stored by Giving Fuel. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here.
Sensitive information. We do not process sensitive information about you.
Information Automatically Processed:
We automatically process certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (such as your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also process information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we automatically process includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically process when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We process device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We process location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we process depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to process geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to process this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
Information from Third Parties. We do not receive or process any information about you from third parties.
2. Why Do We Process Your Information?
In Short: We process your information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested Service.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may process your information if you choose to use any of our Services that allow for communication with another user.
- To request feedback. We may process your information when necessary to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
Withdrawing your consent. If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express or implied consent depending on the applicable law, You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by using the contact details provided in the section “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” below. However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal nor, when applicable law allows, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
3. When and With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Services Providers. We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
5. Controls For Do-Not-Track Features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and processed. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and
implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
6. How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 2 years.When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will make reasonable efforts to securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. How Do We Keep Your Information Safe?
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure,
8. Do We Collect Information From Minors?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been processed, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have processed from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. What Are Your Privacy Rights?
Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt-out of processing your personal information for the purpose of (i) targeted advertising, (ii) the sale of personal information, or (iii) profiling. We do not process your personal information for the purpose of (i) targeted advertising, (ii) the sale of personal information, or (iii) profiling, as those terms are defined in applicable laws., you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications from us at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, Manage Marketing Preferences, or by contacting us using the details provided in the section “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” below. You will then be removed from the marketing lists. However, we may still communicate with you — for example, to send you serviceService-related messages that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Right of access. You have the right to request that we confirm whether we are processing your personal information.
Right to correction. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we have processed about you. Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will review your request, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information to see if we can correct the data.
Right to request deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation, or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to data portability. You have the right to request that we provide a copy of the personal information we have processed about you in a portable, and to the extent technical feasible, readily usable form that allows you to transmit the data to another entity without hindrance. Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will provide to you a copy of your data as required under the applicable data protection laws. You may exercise this right no more than two times per calendar year.
Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your data-privacy rights.
How to Submit a Request. To exercise your rights you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document: HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
How to Appeal. If you make a request to exercise any of the above privacy rights and we are unable to comply, you may request to appeal our decision. To appeal any data privacy request decision, please contact us by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “Privacy Rights Request Appeal.” If after you complete the appeal process with us, you are still not satisfied with our response, you may contact your State Attorney General.
Verification Process. Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g., phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. However, if we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying your identity.
10. Do We Make Updates To This Notice?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by the “last updated” date at the top of this notice and will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to revisit this privacy notice periodically to be informed of any changes. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes means you accept those changes.
11. How Can You Contact Us About This Notice?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
America’s Kids Belong
1151 Eagle Dr., PMB 464
Loveland, CO 80537