What Does It Take To Make Your Business Foster Friendly?
- For all the coffee shops that thrive on the stream of mini vans rolling up to your drive thru after school carpool…
- For the day spas, nail salons and hair stylists who help busy moms keep their cool…
- For the dealerships that sell large-capacity vans…
- For the photographers who specialize in teen portraits…
- For family-friendly recreation and entertainment destinations…
If your business relies on kids, families and parents to grow, you have the opportunity and privilege to show up for kids and families in foster care by creating an exclusive service offering or discount to support foster families.
Here Are A Few Colorado Businesses That Support Local Foster Families
Take a look at some of the businesses in our area that are foster friendly.
Colorado Business Impact Partner Spotlight
The Roost, a popular Longmont restaurant, donates 10 percent of its profits to help families in the process of adoption and to support Colorado children and youth who are impacted by foster care by supporting Colorado Kids Belong.
Supporting Foster Families Isn’t Just A Heart Issue–It’s A Smart Issue
You likely get requests every day to sponsor this or promote that. It’s hard enough to remain profitable these days, so how do you discern what to say yes to?
It really comes down to understanding your why. Here are three reasons that a commitment to support foster care makes good business sense.
- Non Controversial Social Responsibility – Caring well for kids in foster care is one issue everyone can get behind that garners broad-based support.
- Generational Impact – Investing in foster families has the power to create generational change. Businesses that support foster care are helping create sustainable change in foster care.
- Significant Community and Economic Impact – When kids in foster care age out (at age 18) without a stable, loving family they are at greatly increased risk for 10 social wounds that directly impact our communities and they’ll require an average of $300,000 in social services over their lifetimes.
How We Appreciate And Acknowledge Your Business’ Support of Foster Care
When you choose to participate in our Foster Friendly App we do our best to recognize and appreciate
Here are some of the ways we do this:
3 Ways To Get Friendly
Get started with our Foster Friendly Business Guide.
Foster Friendly App
Complete the application below.
Explore more ways
to show support
(sponsorship, in-kind donations)
Foster Friendly Business Application
Because You Can’t Put A Price On Friendly
Meet Cabookie Cupcakes, a Foster Friendly business and see just how sweet it can be to serve local foster families.
For more stories visit America’s Kids Belong.