Want To Explore Foster Parenting?
As you begin the journey to explore foster parenting, connect with Utah Kids Belong to:
Meet the kids in our state’s foster care system who are legally free for adoption.
Connect with Utah foster parents, experts and resources.
Become trauma aware and invite your support network to do the same.
Connect with Foster Friendly businesses, faith communities and other organizations that are committed to supporting Tennessee’s kinship and foster families.
Foster Parent Requirements In Utah
Utah Foster Care is your best resource for information about becoming a kinship or foster parent in our state. But here are some key requirements to be aware of.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Demonstrate financial stability.
- Own or rent housing that meets physical-safety standards (e.g., fire extinguishers, adequate bedroom space, reliable transportation).
- Demonstrate home stability. Foster parents do not need to be married, may be single or cohabitating. A live-in relationship with a significant other or same-sex partner should be established for at least one year to demonstrate stability.
Note: This link will take you to Tennessee Fosters. Be sure you submitted our “Let’s Connect” form above before leaving Utah Kids Belong.
- Utah Foster Care (UFC) is a nationally recognized nonprofit which finds, educates, and supports Utah families, who are willing and able to provide a nurturing homes for children in foster care. In Utah, more than 2,100 children are in foster care at any given time because their own families are in crisis.