It takes a village. Countless influencers from different backgrounds, with unique strengths and passions all in the same boat, and all rowing in the same direction.
Together we can give America’s children a face, a voice, and a pathway to belonging – through reunification with their birth families, and when that’s not possible – adoption through foster care.
HOW IT WORKS
With a wide-variety of influencers on board, we can combine a number of our proven methods to help meet needs within the foster care system. Since beginning work, alongside numerous faith leaders, government workers, foster advocates, artists & creatives, as well as a host of generous donors, we’ve already seen amazing things happen.
The I Belong Project ™ has become one of America’s Kids Belong signature programs. The I Belong Project™ uses high quality videography to give children in foster care a face and a voice. These videos serve as individual recruitment tools for foster children who are legally-free for adoption and are waiting for their forever family.
America’s Kids Belong is contracted with specific state’s government agencies to recruit and support foster and adoptive families for that state’s waiting children and youth.
We partner with churches, businesses and the community to make these days a beautiful experience for all of the children who attend. We give them a portrait, provide crafts, snacks, games and most importantly individual attention focusing on their strengths, hopes and dreams.
Dream Makers Project
Over 26,000 teens age out of foster care each year in the United States. In 2015 America’s Kids Belong Colorado launched Dream Makers as a way to inspire and empower teens by giving them an opportunity to dream about their future. This program started in Colorado and is now operating in multiple states. These dreams may be an internship that connects them with an opportunity for the future, a practical gift to launch them towards their next step, a gift to learn a new skill, or an experience to gain confidence. In any case, it’s their dream, and we want to inspire these kids to dream big!
Dream Makers connects businesses, groups, and individuals to care for these kids needs and their dreams. When you become a Dream Maker, you have the opportunity to let one of these teenagers know that someone cares and they are not alone. Your support can give them the confidence they need to change their future. Learn more DreamMakersProject.org.
DISCOVER YOUR ROLE
Not everyone is called to foster or adopt. But everyone can make a difference in the life of a child in foster care.
What is Your Sphere of Influence?
- Dedicate a sermon or sermon series to educate & engage your congregation around the needs of foster care
- Host a “Next Steps” Dinner and Foster Certification classes at your church for prospective foster parents
- Start a “Wrap Around” ministry to equip your church in serving foster families
- Get involved in the KY-FACES Kentucky’s foster care and adoption program CLICK HERE
- Champion legislation that improves outcomes for children in foster care
- Partner with the child welfare system to improve outcomes for children in foster care
- Engage your workplace in the movement
- Make your business “foster friendly” (think Military Discounts for Foster Families!)
- Donate to help us reach the unique needs of every child in Kentucky
- Use your unique voice and platform to create awareness and serve as an advocate for children in foster care
- Partner with us in writing stories, creating films, or be a part of a benefit concert, recruitment event, etc. to help us bring this issue to light
- Follow and share our stuff on social media and help spread the word
we can give every child a face and a voice.
we can show each child that they are precious, seen, and worthy of belonging.